Personal Property Recovery, and Restoration Following Flood or Fire Damage
A disaster can strike your home or business anytime. When such disasters occur, your property can experience both structural and secondary damage. Secondary damage can occur when items like furniture, electronics, and documents are exposed to water, smoke, or soot from fires. In such cases, contents cleaning restoration becomes a critical process in restoring your property to its pre-loss condition.
Our State of the art Contents Restoration Center was constructed to save as many of your personal belongings as possible. With over 3400 square feet, we offer Ozone Deodorization Rooms, Hydroxyl Deodorization Rooms, Ultra Sonic Cleaning, Dry Ice Blasting, Commercial Washers and Dryers, and much much more. Flood and Fire Solution’s investment in the latest content-saving technology was done with our company mantra in mind “ We do everything humanly possible to save the home and the memories inside“.
This process involves restoring, cleaning, and deodorizing items affected by water, fire, and smoke damage. Here is a look at how our team of specialists goes about restoring your memories back to normal.
Step One: Assessment
The first step in the contents cleaning restoration process involves assessing the extent of the damage. This assessment helps Flood and Fire Solutions specialists determine the types of restoration measures required. It also helps in determining which items need cleaning or replacement.
Step Two: Contents Pack-Out
Next, our restoration team will pack out the contents that require cleaning and restoration. The team will move each item to our Contents Restoration Center where each item is tagged, and inventoried to keep track of the entire process.
Step Three: Cleaning
Our professional cleaners will use sophisticated techniques and specialized tools and products to clean your contents. The method used will be tailored depending on the material, condition, and type of damage experienced.
Step Four: Deodorization
Fire and smoke damage can leave unpleasant odors on your items, our technicians will use specialized deodorization techniques to remove the odors. These techniques include ozone treatments, thermal fogging, and air scrubbing.
Step Five: Content Return
After completing the cleaning and restoration process, the Flood and Fire Solutions team will return your contents to your home or business. All items are carefully rechecked for quality assurance. In instances where some items are unsalvageable, the team will replace them.
What to Do When Flooding or Fire Affects Your Home or Business – Helpful Tips for saving your home or Business
If your property experiences flood or fire damage, there are a few critical steps you as the home or business owner can take to minimize the damage.
- Call Flood and Fire Solutions: Contact Flood and Fire Solutions immediately when a disaster occurs. We have the training and equipment needed to minimize the damage to your property.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: Contact your insurance company with the assistance of a Flood and Fire Specialist as soon as possible. Your insurer will guide you through the claim process.
- Don’t Enter Your Home if it’s not Safe: Don’t enter your home or business if there are visible signs of damage. Wait until the Flood and Fire Solutions Specialists arrive to assess the damage.
- Document the Damage: Before you start removing items from your home or business, take pictures or videos of the damage. These will be useful for insurance claims and are crucial evidence that will help support your case.
- Avoid Touching or Moving Items: Don’t try to touch or move items damaged when a disaster strikes. Handling damaged items can result in further damage.
What to Do to Prevent Flooding and Fire in Your Home or Business – Helpful Tips for saving your home or business.
Prevention is always better. Here are some tips to prevent flood and fire disasters from occurring in your home or business.
- Install Smoke Detectors and Fire Extinguishers – Install smoke detectors in all rooms to detect smoke and fire early. Also, keep fire extinguishers in accessible areas, such as the kitchen, garage, and bedrooms.
- Prevent Water Damage – Prevent water damage by repairing leaks as soon as possible. Also, clear gutters and downspouts regularly to prevent water overflow.
- Store Flammable Materials Safely – Store flammable materials like oil, gasoline, and paint in safety cans and place them in well-ventilated areas.
- Practice Safety in the Kitchen – Don’t leave cooking unattended, and always keep flammable items away from heat sources.
Disasters can occur unexpectedly, but you can prevent the damage by taking preventative measures. However, it’s good to know that Flood and Fire Solutions is equipped to help you restore your property to its pre-loss condition in case of fire or flood damage.