Flooring Restoration after a Flood or Fire
Flooding and fire damage can cause significant harm to the flooring in your home or business. Each type of flooring reacts differently to water and fire, and it is crucial to understand the different issues that can arise with each. Some of the most common flooring types affected by flooding and fire include:
- Hardwood Floors: Hardwood floors can absorb water and become warped, buckled, or cupped. Additionally, fire damage will likely result in a scorched or charred look.
- Laminate Floors: Laminate floors can also absorb water, causing swelling, lifting, and warping. The top layer of laminate can also peel from the substrate if moisture seeps in. Fire damage can cause the flooring to bubble up and create blisters.
- Carpet: Carpet often holds moisture, which can create a breeding ground for mold and bacteria growth. It is also common for the carpet padding to hold moisture, causing the carpet to become smelly and squishy. Fire damage can cause the carpet fibers to melt and fuse together.
- Tile: Tile floors do not absorb water, but the grout between the tiles is porous and can act as a sponge, holding water for a long time. Fire damage can discolor the tiles or cause them to crack or break.
- Concrete: Concrete floors can absorb water, causing the surface to become discolored and uneven. Fire damage can cause the concrete to crack or spall, resulting in a rough surface.
Flood and Fire Solutions will take several steps to restore your flooring to its original state. These steps include:
- Removing Damaged Flooring: Flood and Fire Specialists will first remove all damaged flooring, including carpet, padding, tiles, hardwood, and laminate.
- Drying Out the Area: The next step is to thoroughly dry out the affected area. Restoration Specialists will utilize industrial-strength drying equipment to extract all moisture from the flooring.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting: Once the area is completely dry, our technicians will clean and disinfect the surface to prevent mold, bacteria, and other harmful substances from growing.
- Repairs: After cleaning and disinfecting, the technicians will assess the damage and make any necessary repairs. This may include replacing any damaged sub-flooring or structural damage.
- Reinstalling Flooring: Finally, our team will reinstall the flooring. This may include installing new carpet, hardwood flooring, or tile installed after repairs and refinishing.
Flooding and fire damage can cause significant harm to your flooring. It is essential to contact Flood and Fire Solutions immediately if you experience any such damage. Flood and Fire Solutions certified restoration professionals have the equipment and expertise to restore your floors.